50 Empowering Phrases To Help You Get Through Difficult Times
Tough times are unavoidable. Suffering is avoidable. You may be going through a rough patch in your life, but you don’t have to mean to yourself. Learn to speak encouraging and supportive words to yourself to get you through the tough situation. Cultivating a kind, reassuring, stimulating, internal dialogue, you allow yourself to connect to your inner strength; you allow yourself to see through the difficulty, and you provide the tools to get to the other side. Here’s a cheat-sheet with 50 empowering phrases to push past your troubles.
1. I allow myself to be afraid; it’s a feeling, not a sign of weakness.
2. I allow myself to worry about things that matter.
3. I allow myself to think optimistically.
4. I allow myself to feel enthusiasm and motivation.
5. I allow myself to have a healthy dose of doubt.
6. My fears don’t define me.
7. I can be angry, but I don’t need to lash out.
8. I allow myself to hope for the best.
9. I choose to focus on solutions instead of just problems.
10. I can’t calm the storm, but I can calm myself.
11. Breathe in, breathe out.
12. I know how I feel, but I can’t control how the other person is feeling.
13. I take the time I need.
14. I allow myself to take a break and regroup.
15. I allow myself to stop and think about how I want to respond.
16. Every tough situation makes me stronger, wiser, and more resilient; and I am grateful for that.
17. We are to feel our feelings and not suppress them.
18. I don’t waste explanations on people who deserve my silence.
19. I respect myself.
20. I believe in myself.
21. I am a smart and competent person.
22. I don’t need to invest time and energy in people who don’t appreciate me.
23. I allow myself not to have all the answers; I learn as I go.
24. I may fail and that’s OK.
25. I may succeed and it’s OK to celebrate my success.
26. I can’t always control what’s happening, but I can control the way I respond to what’s happening.
27. If I try and I don’t succeed, that doesn’t make me a failure.
28. I am the energy I want to attract.
29. I allow myself to focus on my character strengths.
30. I have the ability to change.
31. Today is a new day.
32. Today I am not the person I was yesterday.
33. I don’t like being pigeonholed.
34. I am enough.
35. I am my own unique and authentic self.
36. I am more than one thing, one description, one definition.
37. I allow myself to say “no” to things that don’t nurture my spirit and soul.
38. I allow myself to say “yes” to things that don’t nurture my spirit and soul.
39. I allow myself to set healthy boundaries.
40. I will show myself the same kindness I show to others.
41. I choose to stop worrying about being perfect; there’s no such thing as perfection.
42. Being self-aware is a super-power.
43. I allow myself to accept the help and support of the people who love and care about me.
44. I choose not to downgrade myself.
45. I believe in my self-worth.
46. I love and accept myself the way I am.
47. I want to try one more time.
48. I take one step forward every day.
49. Today I saw the seeds for the kind of life I want to live.
50. I choose to make small positive changes every day.